Top Tips for Your Video Interview
You’ve submitted your application online to our Software Sales Training Program at skillzacademy.com/apply. You’ve had your initial phone screen with a member of our team. The next step in the process is the Video Interview.
The Video Interview is actually a one-way interview. If our team decides that you might be a good fit for Skillz Academy, you will receive a special link via email. You click on the link, and answer the seven questions provided. The system records your responses.
You can complete the Video Interview right from your cell phone (assuming it’s a smartphone like an iPhone or Android device). If you prefer, you can also use a laptop or tablet. Just be sure that you are in a quiet location without much background noise, preferably indoors.
Candidates often ask how they should prepare for this step in the process, and what to expect. Here are the Skillz Academy Top Tips for Video Interviewing. Check them out, and set yourself up to shine!
- After the initial phone screen, check your email on a regular basis (we suggest twice per day). There is a deadline for submitting your video interview, and you don’t want to miss it.
- The questions you’ll need to answer are sent to you along with the video interview link. Take a look at the questions, and really give some thought as to how you should answer them. Write down some notes. Practice your answers.
- When you click on the link and record yourself, you should not read your notes or read from a script. This is a way for you to show how you would formulate thoughts if there was a real person asking you the questions.
- On the day of the interview, dress as you would for an in person interview in an office setting. You don’t have to be dressed in formal business attire (suit, tie etc.) But you should look neat and professional.
- Submit your video interview on time. Hitting deadlines is a key component of career success, and submitting your video interview on time demonstrates that you are fully capable of time management.
Think you are ready for a tech sales career? Remember that the first step is filling out the online application form. If you haven’t done that yet, click this link to begin the process: https://www.skillzacademy.com/apply/
Always remember, we are here for you. If you have any questions or concerns, email us at email@example.com, and a member of our team will be in touch with you soon.