How It Works
Skillz Academy will provide you with the training and support you need to thrive in an entry-level sales role at a technology company.
- We start with an introduction to the technology industry; then we discuss the soft skills you’ll need to be successful in sales.
- Next, we explore the fundamentals of selling software. You will email, call, and educate prospective customers, giving you the confidence to sell to strangers.
- We will teach you the hidden dynamics and social competencies required to be successful at a technology company.
- We will prepare you to interview with the technology companies in our partner network looking to hire someone with your skills.
- Once you land a job, we’ll provide a career coach to support you in your first year of working.
- You will also have access to a lifelong community of Skillz Academy graduates who you can turn to for support.
The Four Pillars of Your Success
Technology. Technology has influenced every aspect of American life and business. We’ll teach you how to navigate and thrive as an entry-level salesperson in the technology industry.
The Business of Tech. There are more “business” jobs in technology companies than there are engineering jobs. We teach the “business of tech” so you can land an entry level job in sales, business development, account management, or customer success.
Skills for the Future. You’ll learn a future-proof set of skills. Your skills will be transferable so you can navigate various jobs in an ever changing world and throughout the technology industry.
Competency Based Curriculum. No college degree? No problem! Successful salespeople come from all different kinds of backgrounds and experiences. We’ll ensure that you have the skills needed to achieve your goals!
Skillz Academy by the Numbers
We help our graduates acquire in-demand jobs in the growing technology sector that pay a living wage.
The Skillz Professional Network is a large and growing community of graduates from diverse backgrounds working in sales.
Software Sales is a pathway towards intergenerational wealth for underrepresented individuals and communities.