Skillz Academy is seeking a driven, personable and experienced individual to conduct synchronous instructor-led online sales training to a cohort of adults with no tech sales experience. Instructors are required to teach after 5:30pm Central Time for roughly three-hour sessions two to four days per week (Mon-Thurs) for a total of 12 weeks. You will be provided with the training and preparation necessary to operate as an instructor in the program. You will be an important part of our growing team and will help develop the company’s brand as the leading source of diverse talent for business oriented tech jobs in the United States.
Who We Are
Skillz Academy is a Job Tech company that is focused on recruiting, training and placing diverse candidates from underrepresented backgrounds in business oriented tech jobs. We like to think of ourselves as focused on the “business of tech” as opposed to the “science of tech” and as a result we don’t teach coding, design or product – all of our programs focus on the business side of tech. Our first program is a twelve week, software sales training bootcamp that is specifically designed for people from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds (i.e, women, minorities, and/or those from low income communities) to gain an onramp to high paying, entry level, jobs in tech.
- Work with our Lead Trainer to learn and master the course material and teaching tools in advance of the cohort start date
- Lead two to four live, synchronous, virtual sessions per week from 6pm to 9pm CT to train and develop novice tech sales professionals
- Utilize adult learning principles to provide appropriate and comprehensive explanations, examples, and timely feedback to empower trainees for on-the-job success
- Evaluate performance of trainees to ensure that they are learning and retaining lessons
- Special projects as assigned
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of four years of proven experience as a current or former B2B or B2C salesperson
- Previous experience as an instructor, public speaker, educator, professor, or related role is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with a range of e-learning and web based platforms
- Strong Google Workspace skills, particularly Google Drive & Google Slides
- Interest in and passion for adult education
- A demonstrated commitment to making the world a better place exemplified through volunteering, past work experience, and/or familiarity with theories of economic empowerment and social justice
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Ability to research and apply new training techniques and principles
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, listening and written communication skills
- Exceptional planning, organization and time management skills
- High level of professionalism and integrity; good judgment
- Superior work ethic and high energy level
- Experience and ability to work in a fast paced, growing startup environment
The Instructor role is a part time position that is compensated with a competitive hourly rate.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please contact Natasha Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.